- Women's Policy Institute
- Leader Profiles
- Central Valley Women Leaders
- Grant Partners
- Legislative Wins
- Research & News
- About Us
- Get Involved
Living Legacy Society
We invite you to join the Living Legacy Society, a group of supporters who have chosen to include us in their estate plan. And, as a member, you will help sustain the Foundation and our work for generations to come.
Membership in the Living Legacy Society entitles you to:
- Attend special events hosted by the Foundation’s CEO
- Meet preeminent experts on critical issues facing women and girls
- Be acknowledged in various publications
Many Options for Giving
The Living Legacy Society allows you to fulfill your philanthropic objectives through estate planning in a simple and tax-efficient manner. You have the following planned giving options:
Wills and Bequests
Name the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will or trust.
Gifts of Property and Financial Assets
Make the Foundation a beneficiary of real property, marketable securities, qualified retirement plans, IRA accounts and life insurance policies. In most cases, you can also deduct the market value of the real estate and marketable securities as a charitable donation.
Donor advised funds function like a "charitable checking account" during your lifetime. These can also be structured to designate the Foundation as its beneficiary.
Trusts and Annuities
Trusts and annuities are life income gifts. These can take the form of:
- Charitable Remainder Trusts - Convert an asset into an income stream through a gift of property. Once in a trust, the property can be sold tax-free to provide lifetime income to you and the Foundation.
- Charitable Lead Trusts - Funded initially with trust assets, the Foundation receives a percentage of the value of the trust's assets for a period of time. After this period, the entire trust's assets will be distributed to beneficiaries designated by you.
- Charitable Gift Annuities - Transfer cash or stock to the Foundation while receiving fixed quarterly payments for life, an immediate tax deduction and capital gains tax savings.
For more information about any of the above planned giving options at the Women's Foundation of California, please contact Cathy Schreiber at email@example.com or 415.321.2044.