As Women’s Foundation California, we are investing an additional $300,000 this month in Black-led organizations across the state working on everything from postpartum support for Black mothers to food justice.
Providing general operating support, these Liberation Grants are part of Community Power Fund:
- B.L.A.C.K Wellness and Prosperity Center (Fresno)
- Black Alliance for Just Immigration (Oakland)
- The Brown Boi Project (Oakland)
- California Black Health Network (Sacramento)
- Coleman Advocates for Youth (San Francisco)
- Community Advocates for Just and Moral Governance (San Diego)
- Feeding Black Future (Los Angeles)
- Healthy Black Families, Inc. (Berkeley)
- Mothers for Mothers – Postpartum Justice Project (Oakland)
- LA Black Workers Center (Los Angeles)
We announced these grants as part of our conversation with authors and activists Anna Malaika Tubbs, Alicia Garza, alongside Nourbese Flint honoring Black women and radical acts of mothering.
We have a responsibility to ourselves, to each other, and to Black women to continue this conversation outside of this event. So please:
- Buy + Read These Books – Buy Anna’s and Alicia’s book for yourself or for a friend using your discount code. Check out either book from the library. Or buy and donate a copy to your library! We’re proud to partner with Underground Books.
- Connect with Black-led Organizations – Sign up with Black Futures Lab and Black Women for Wellness.
- Invest in Black Excellence – Donate to Women’s Foundation California, donate to Black Women for Wellness, donate to the Black Futures Lab