Today, we are outraged by the lack of justice for Breonna Taylor, but we are not surprised. We are keeping Breonna Taylor’s family in our thoughts and in our hearts. Justice takes a decision to recognize the value we all bring. We’re still seeking justice.
The system is inherently anti-Black and cannot be relied upon for what we know is justice. Justice would be having Breonna alive. Trusting these systems to hold itself accountable is unproductive and impossible.
We are following the leadership of Black Lives Matter Louisville and their community in the continued struggle against white supremacy. We thank them for their work as our journeys to a more just society are inextricably linked.
- Immediately fire and revoke the pensions of the officers that murdered Breonna.
- Divest from LMPD and Invest in community building
- Immediate resignation (or impeachment) of Mayor Greg Fisher
- Metro Council ends use of force by Louisville Metro Police Department.
– Police shootings are gun violence.
- A local, civilian community police accountability council that is independent from the Mayor’s Office and LMPD with investigation and discipline power #CPAC.
- The creation of policy to ensure transparent investigation processes
Join us and BLM Louisville. We know there is no single decision that can save us; it will take multiple resolutions to help navigate us towards our goals. Each decision moving forward is an opportunity to shape the change we demand.
Black Lives Matter. Black Women Matter. Black Trans Lives Matter. We are going to win by continuing to build, strengthen and support our community.
Louisville Community Bail Fund: bit.ly/LouCommBailFund
BLM General Fund: bit.ly/BLMLou
Anti Eviction Fund: bit.ly/evictionfund
Healing for Louisville: bit.ly/502healing