WPI alum from Classes of 2018 and 2017 at a convening at State Capitol
UPDATE: Thanks to the tremendous generosity of our community and our financial feminist friends at Nia Impact Capital, Green Retirement, and Beneficial State Bank we met and surpassed our $20,000 fundraising goal for #GivingTuesday.
We’re here. We’re here for each other. We’re here for our Women’s Policy Institute Alum. We’re ready to move money to support our alum as they build powerful policy wins, make creative pandemic adaptations, and advance racial, economic, and gender justice.
Between now and #GivingTuesday, can we count on your support for our Alum Advocacy Fund?
Here are just five of the phenomenal projects our Alum Advocacy Fund grants contributed to over the past year:
- Lisa Fu, WPI-State 2007, Executive Director at California Healthy Nail Salon Collaborative, is creating legislation to protect the health of nail salon workers and advocating for COVID rent relief
- Kimberly Irish, WPI-State 2009-2010 OneJustice, is getting in the mix on the Immigrant Day of Action
- Elaine Sierra, WPI-State 2005-06 Citizens For Choice, is producing innovative Instagram campaigns for reproductive rights
- Lorena Garcia Zermeño, WPI-State 2018, California Latinas for Reproductive Justice, is tirelessly advocating for legislation to finally acknowledge and compensate Latinx women who were involuntarily sterilized
- Kaile Shilling, WPI-State 2012-2013, Arts for Healing and Justice Network’s is bringing her artistry to the work of justice with a “Comics, Covid, and Connection” project
Together we can ensure the powerhouse network of nearly 600 WPI Alum are equipped with the financial resources to do the work far beyond our training cycles. We know they have the community-led solutions, heart, and strategic savvy to get it done.
With your support between now and this #GivingTuesday, we can do even more.