ALUM ADVOCACY FUND
Our Alum Advocacy Fund
Our Alum Advocacy Fund invests in the leadership of our alum as they continue to build racial, economic, and gender justice beyond our training.
Together, we can ensure that the creative doers and thinkers, movers and shakers across our Solís Policy Institute alum network have the resources they need to build our shared feminist future.
Altars and Action
Solís Policy Institute – State Class of 2014 & Local Class of 2016 – Criminal Justice Reform Team
Diana Zuniga is a community organizer and policy advocate and a Solís Policy Institute alum. She is also a healer who centers feeling, health, and justice.
Putting an End to Period Poverty
Solís Policy Institute – Local Class of 2019 – Criminal Justice Reform Team
Haleema Bharoocha is a weightlifter and a policy shifter. She is a fierce advocate and county commissioner who has her eyes trained on the needs of girls and gender-expansive youth. Haleema is also a Solís Policy Institute alum.
Protecting Nail Salon Workers
Solís Policy Institute – State Class of 2007 – Criminal Justice Reform Team
Lisa Fu, Executive Director at California Healthy Nail Salon Collaborative, is creating legislation to protect the health of nail salon workers and advocating for COVID rent relief
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Average response time is 3 weeks.
- Funds are available for current, potential, and pending projects in the following issue areas:
- Criminal Justice & Policing Reform
- Community Health
- Economic Security/Justice
- Racial Justice
- Reproductive Health/Rights/Justice
- Trauma Service & Prevention
- Average grant requests are $1000
*will consider larger amounts, especially if multiple organizations collaborate on a project
- Our more expansive definition of advocacy includes but is not limited to:
- Social Media campaigns
- Community organizing
- Research to inform/advance future policy work
- Stipends for student activism, internships
- Relief work
- Honoraria for alum participation as presenters, guest speakers, etc.
Alum Advocacy Fund
Program Manager, Solís Policy Institute Alum Networks